Pass the IELTS Life Skills for Your British Spousal Visa
For people wishing to settle in the UK, a certificate of competence in the English language is required as part of the visa application process. The UK Visas and Immigration has stated that this requirement now covers “anyone applying as the husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried partner, same-sex partner, fiance(e) or prospective civil partner of a UK citizen”. This means that every Thai wishing to settle in the UK has to pass an English language test (IELTS Life Skills) before applying for a visa (Spousal visa) from the British embassy in Thailand.
- 16-18 minutes long and will consist of only speaking and listening.
- Listening and responding to spoken language, including simple narratives, statements, questions and single-step instructions
- Communicating basic information, feelings and opinions on familiar topics
- Talking with another person in a familiar situation about familiar topics
Even though the requirements are at a low level, we understand that for many adults, taking a test can be a scary. As a partner of British Council for the IELTS Life Skills, International House Bangkok is here to help.
How IH Bangkok Can Help You Pass
If you need help, we will provide a free initial interview, over phone or in-person, and will then recommend one of two options based on your current level of English:
Very Low Level of English
If your English is quite low, we will recommend a combination of private 1:1 and the 2-day group class. This course will run the one or two weeks prior to the exam at IDP Bangkok. The private 1:1 class will depend on the number of hours that is needed to pass the exam but will be either 10, 20, 30 or 40 hours and will be based on the initial interview.
This course combination course is designed to teach you the necessary language for the test in the private class. This is a longer course and focuses more on the specific English needed in order to pass the exam. Then, once your English is at the necessary level, you will join the 2-day group class to focus on the exam, skills, mock tests, and functional language practice specific to the IELTS Life Skills.
Low Level of English
If you are close to passing, but need to familiarize yourself with the exam, improve confidence, and learn keywords and phrases to use on the exam:
- A 2-day, 12-hour “Pass the IELTS Life Skills” course. This will run the two days before the exam at IDP Bangkok. We will also give a free mock exam at the end of the course so you can experience the exam before taking it. The price for this course is 7,500 Baht
The 12-hour “Pass the IELTS Life Skills” course is designed around the actual test and focuses solely on the skills needed in order for you to answer all questions clearly and confidently. After this course you will know exactly what to expect during the exam.
2022 Dates – Courses and Exams
Pass The IELTS Life Skills – 12 Hours Course
International House Bangkok will run a 2 day preparation course before the exams at IDP Bangkok, for 7,500 baht:
|May||3rd to 4th or 17th to 18th|
|June||7th to 8th or 21st to 22nd|
|July||12th to 13th or 26th to 27th|
|August||2nd to 3rd or 16th to 17th|
Test Dates at IDP Bangkok for 2022
Why Choose International House Bangkok
At International House Bangkok we have many years experience in teaching students to passing the IELTS Life Skills so that you can successfully move to Britain and receive the spousal visa.
With IH Bangkok as your school, you can be sure that your teachers:
- Are all native English speakers.
- Are all Cambridge CELTA qualified.
- All have at least a bachelor degree from a good university in an English speaking country.
- Are all dedicated to teaching you what you need to pass the test in a fun, relaxed and informative way.
For more information, please send us a message or call us at +66 (0)2 168 7641, +66 (0)87 513-1116, +66 (0)87 513-1118