What is the Teacher Trainer Foundation (TTF) course?
This course is aimed at those who have recently taken up senior teaching positions that involve providing workshops, carrying out observations and providing developmental feedback. It’s a practical course that focuses on many important areas of being a trainer and observer and how to ensure that less experienced teachers and observed teachers get the maximum benefit from the trainers’ input and support. The course aims to broaden the trainers’ understanding of approaches to giving feedback, such as ‘scaffolding’ for new, inexperienced teachers to discussion-based approaches for more experienced staff members.
This is a face to face course that includes input sessions, observations, giving feedback and planning workshops. The course runs from 09:00 in the morning to around 17:00 with planning to be completed in the evenings.
This practical course is comprised of:
- 15 x 90 minute input sessions covering key areas of being a teacher trainer.
- 2 hours of observations.
- 2 hours of assisted workshop planning.
- Designing 2 workshops after course hours.
What are the Benefits of the TTF Course?
On completing the TFF Course, teachers can show that they:
- have developed their understanding of the different roles of a trainer and observer, the modes of delivering feedback effectively and people management skills.
- have extended and consolidated their understanding of latest teaching methodology and TEFL best practice.
- can observe lesson more effectively in order to pick up on and prioritise key areas for development.
- are better prepared on how to design and deliver practical workshops.
Reasons to Choose TTF Course:
- ideal for inexperienced trainers new teacher training or for experienced teachers who would like to become involved in teacher training.
- practical sessions mean that course participants have extended practice in observing and giving feedback.
- course participants receive a refresher on EFL best practices and lesson approaches.
- provides a solid grounding in training for those that may be considering becoming a CELTA or Trinity teacher trainer.
Who Can Apply for the TTF Course?
The course is open to any new trainers or experienced teachers with a C1+ level of English.
To request more information or a quotation, download and complete the form here, then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can click here to send us a message if you have any questions.