The Cambridge DELTA
So, you have successfully completed the CELTA, you have taught for a number of years and now you are looking to progress in your chosen career as a TEFL professional. Maybe you want to become a Director of Studies, or you want to be a teacher trainer, or maybe you just want to develop further as a professional TEFL teacher. If this describes you then join us at International House in Bangkok and International House Chiang Mai, Thailand’s only Delta course and the only one in South East Asia that is open to all.
We have two locations for the Delta Course. The main difference is the location and accommodation, as the course tutors and course design are the same at both centres.
- Delta Online: Online Delta for M1, M2, and M3
- March Start Date: Bangkok Delta
- August and October Start Date: Chiang Mai Delta
Cambridge Delta Information
The Cambridge Delta Modules (formerly DELTA) are designed to teach you, at an advanced level, about:
- The knowledge, understanding and awareness of language.
- The background to teaching and learning English to adults.
- Resources and materials.
- Working in the classroom.
- Evaluation, monitoring and assessment.
- Professional development.
At the end of the 8-week* Delta course, trainees will have:
- Attended and participated in the trainer input sessions for subject knowledge and teaching methodology.
- Completed 4 hours of assessed teaching practice.
- Observed 10 hours of lessons taught by experienced teachers.
- Completed a range of practically focused written assignments.
- Completed an extended assignment.
- Completed a written examination.
Those trainees who have successfully completed the course will be awarded either a pass, merit or distinction grade, according to the continuous assessment by our trainers and the external moderators.
*8-week Course: The March course has a 1 week break for Thai New Year (Songkran) in April. This means the actual length is 9 weeks, though the course length is 8 weeks of in-school work.