About International House Bangkok
International House Bangkok was founded in 1999 and has since grown into a major centre of English language teaching and teacher training in Thailand.
There are seven main areas of activity which we focus on:
- To train TEFL teachers in the Cambridge CELTA, Delta, IH Young Learners and Teens, and IH Certificate in Advanced Methodology.
- To teach English in Thailand to all ages and abilities in a stimulating and fun environment.
- To provide exam preparation lessons for English, Maths, Sciences, IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC, GED, SAT, and IGCSE subjects.
- To give overseas students the opportunity to study English in Thailand.
- To give businesses the English language skills they need to succeed.
- To give Thai students the opportunity to study languages abroad in the UK, the USA, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
- To give students the opportunity to study English online with International House Bangkok Net Languages.
What makes International House Bangkok special?
A few of the things that sets us apart:
- We are centrally located in downtown Bangkok and close to the BTS Skytrain and MRT, making getting to us quick and easy
- We are externally assessed every two years to ensure that International House’s reputation for quality is always guaranteed
- We are truly international, with students from many nationalities and backgrounds benefitting from our expertise
- The quality of our teacher training, with the International House Worldwide Organisation training 3,000 of the 10,000 CELTA trainees every year.
- The quality of our teachers. After all, we train 500 a year and employ the best of them.
- That with teacher trainers always available, our teachers never stop learning, meaning that neither do you.
To find out more, come and see us or contact us today.
About International House World Organisation
Founded in 1953, International House is a network of more than 150 schools around the world, all committed to the highest standards in education and business. International House has successfully taught over a million students through its schools in 50 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America, North America, Canada, and the Middle East.
A key aim of International House is to raise the standards of language teaching around the world. One important way in which we do this is through Teacher Training courses for which International House has a worldwide reputation. We train our own (as well as many other schools) teachers to enable students to learn English simply, quickly and efficiently.
Our main Thailand school is located in the lively surroundings of Sukhumvit 13 in the very heart of Bangkok. Sukhumvit is often considered the main thoroughfare of Bangkok and everything can be found on this stretch of road. Our school is just 2 stops from the Shopping District and only one stop from a large Business District. The area is full of restaurants, shops, malls and bars catering to a large local and international population, and is only 5 minutes from the famous Terminal 21 shopping mall. IH Bangkok is conveniently located within 3 minutes’ walk from the BTS (skytrain) and 8 minutes from MRT (underground) stations.
Bangkok is unlike anywhere on earth! Take a canal boat through the sleepy sprawl on the west bank of the river and you’ll still find poignant reminders of the vanished “Venice of the East”. Take a sincere interest in the people and you’ll find that most Thais are gentle, considerate, humorous and inexhaustibly patient. You will soon find yourself joining the many who have already fallen for Bangkok’s attractions.
There can be few cities of its size where you can feel so safe: for a city of at least 10 million people, street crime is extraordinarily rare.
In Bangkok, eating well is an obsession and it’s no exaggeration to say there are restaurants on every corner and are cheap to eat at. Nightlife in Bangkok starts late and finishes later. There are bars and clubs to suit every taste from tango to techno, trampling over jazz, blues, dance and heavy metal. Bangkokians are also movie-crazy! There are 50 cinema screens within a 5 minute BTS ride of our office!
Apart from dancing, there are other ways to use your energy: swimming pools, sports and fitness centres, an ice rink, and the opportunity to practise martial arts. However, shopping is the national pastime. There are countless palatial shopping malls to tempt the fashion-conscious and several huge markets for those in search of atmosphere and bargains.