Welcome to the International House CELTA Bangkok, held at the original IH training centre in Thailand. Located on Sukhumvit, the main road of the city, the Bangkok training centre boasts modern and well-recsourced premises.
We are easily accessible by the BTS Skytrain, the MRT Underground and the public bus system. The centre is incorporated within the IH Bangkok Language School itself. The welcoming atmosphere that its friendly and helpful reception and teaching staff create adds to a congenial environment in which to take the course.
Basing yourself in the international transport hub of Bangkok means that getting here and away easy. If you do decide to stay on, you are also in the ‘place to be’ to secure employment. The quantity and variety of teaching opportunities available here is unparalleled anywhere else in Thailand.
The below details are about our face to face CELTA courses. If you are interested in our 100% online CELTA, please visit the Online CELTA page here.
Classrooms and Facilities
Our brand new training centre (move-in date of February 5th, 2018) was designed from the ground up to have everything you could need on a CELTA course – large CELTA specific classrooms each with a visualizer, PC, projector, surround sound, and a whiteboard that spans almost the whole wall. CELTA students also have access (8am to 7:30pm on weekdays, 7:30am to 6:30pm weekends) to a resource room with thirteen computers, and a separate student lounge to relax in. Additionally, there is free wireless internet access throughout the school for those with laptops; 2 modern printing and photocopying machines; self study materials; grammar and vocabulary books; listening CDs; library of books and videos. Our highly qualified tutors are also close by to help you every day and is one of the reasons why the CELTA Bangkok is one of the best TEFL qualification options available.
Everyday you will be offered free tea, coffee and a selection of cakes during the breaks. You are welcome to make use of our facilities for your lunches. There are numerous types of western and delicious Thai food available on our doorstep.
You will, of course, also find yourself in the heart of one of the most vibrant and fastest-growing cities in South-East Asia. New public transportation also makes access easy to a vast range of shopping, eating and entertainment possibilities.
IH Bangkok is just three stops away on the Skytrain from the Siam Square district, which is not only the centre of fashion for the region and home to some of its most spectacularly designed shopping palaces but also where you can find some of the best bookshops in South-East Asia. Top cinemas whose offerings range from Hollywood blockbusters and Thai ghost stories in pampered luxury at the Paragon to art-house movies in the period charm of the Apex chain; the lovingly preserved teak houses and antique furnishings of Jim Thompson’s House; the magnificent Ocean World Aquarium; and the Bangkok Arts and Culture Centre, a showcase for local artists and performers. Two stops the other way is two of the nicest malls in Bangkok and one of the newest – Emporium and Emquartier.
If you want to visit the extraordinary temples of the Rattanakosin area, eight stops on the Skytrain will bring you to the river from where you can approach them by express boat along what is probably the most picturesque route in Bangkok. On Saturdays and Sundays both the Skytrain and the underground can whisk you north to lose yourself amid the popular Chatuchak weekend market.
IH Bangkok’s downtown location also means that you are within easy reach of the youthful city’s ever growing and ever more fanciful music and dance scene. You’ll also never be far from some imitation Irish pub, tapas bar or burger restaurant if you’re missing home. Removed as you will be from the city’s artificial tourist enclaves, you will occasionally find yourself face to face with the city’s stark contrasts; this will probably only increase your wonder at the smiling goodwill and patient peacefulness on which it justly prides itself.
So, for ease of access, employment opportunities and an unforgettable taste of the real 21st century Asia, IH Bangkok is the right choice for your TEFL course in Thailand.
- Bangkok & Board Package (included)
- 27 nights accommodation from the Sunday before the course starts and check out the Saturday after the course ends.
- Lovely modern studio apartments with a private bathroom and air conditioning.
- In apartment hi-speed internet for use with your laptop.
- TV for relaxing after studying.
- Microwave, fridge, kettle, air-conditioning, and hot shower.
- Desk in your room for when you want to study.
- A small gym to work out in, and a roof top to hang out and view the city.
- Rooms cleaned weekly (no linen or towel change).
- Two towels are also provided.
- Bangkok & Board Package (not included)
- Electricity and water bills – Approximately 1,000 baht a month for a studio apartment (this will vary based on your usage).
- Laundry – this can be arranged at the condominium. There is self-service and a laundry service.
- Please note you will need to make a deposit of 15,000 baht on arrival to KV Mansion. They will return this amount (minus water and electricity) at the end of your stay.
School Facilities for CELTA Bangkok Trainees
- Free use of the resource rooms with 13 computers. You can also use the trainees’ room from 8am to 7:30pm on weekdays and 9am to 6pm at weekends.
- Wireless network throughout the school for those with laptops.
- Well-equipped, modern classrooms.
- Photocopies and printers for printing classroom materials and assignments.
For answers to specific questions about the Bangkok CELTA course and/or the Bangkok and Board package, please email us at email@example.com.
To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to apply early. That way, you can be sure of getting the course date and accommodation you want. Click on CELTA application page to download the form.
Links you may be interested in:
You can send us a message or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.