IH Bangkok CELTA Training Centre on Koh Samui
Every now and then something special comes along in the world of TEFL CELTA training. We at International House believe our course on the Thai island of Koh Samui is exactly that. The most popular of the prime tourist destinations of the Gulf Coast of Thailand are the fabulous, coconut palm fringed beaches of Samui.
The haven of Koh Samui offers attractions able to cater to just about anyone – from the travel connoisseur to the backpacker on a budget. Whether it’s golden beaches lined with palm trees bent backwards from the stiff sea breeze, or the rugged terrain of the mountains with ‘jungle’ interior that takes your fancy, we are sure Koh Samui has just what you are looking for.
Our special CELTA courses on the island of Samui happen July and August every year!
All you need to know about the charming island of the southern Gulf of Thailand can be found in the Koh Samui Arrival Guide.
A Stunning College of Excellence in Samui
It’s not only Koh Samui that’s going to make up your mind for you when deciding where to train, it’s also the training centre. Our host centre for the course is a college that changes lives – literally. Bhavana Bodhigun Vocational College provides totally free education, accommodation and meals to all its students. Their students come from disadvantaged families across Thailand and in three short years from 16 to 19 years old they develop their skills in languages, IT and the hotel and catering industry so that they are ready to take positions across all the top 4 and 5 star hotels across the island.
Just look at these pictures:
The Koh Samui Special (Package)
Once again, the IH Bangkok boffins are able to offer you the opportunity to take advantage of our course, food and accommodation package – something that takes the organizational hassle out of preparing for the course leaving you to focus on the CELTA as you are meant to.
Each trainee is housed in a private room within a charming brand new hotel just 15 minutes for the school, each with an en-suite bath / shower room. Trainees staying here will have free daily transport to and from school to keep things convenient and use of wi-fi 24/7 and satellite TV for those lighter moments and keeping up to date with world news.
For the more active there is a gorgeous swimming pool to work off any excess energy and unwind in whilst working on your tan and also de-stress perhaps whilst enjoying a cocktail!
For just US$3,150 you receive not only your training and accommodation, but you are also catered for on a full-board basis 5 days a week. Trainee teachers are able to enjoy the wide range of both Thai and international dishes.
As with all our packages you may of course decide to stay off site whilst taking the course.
The Koh Samui Special – Package Includes…
Included @ Hotel: Chateau De Lamai, 15minutes from BBVC campus
- 27 nights accommodation from the Sunday before the course start to check out the Saturday after the course ends. Well lit modern rooms with private bathrooms and air conditioning. Free WI-FI. Desk and chair for study.
- Sunday activity or trip
- Trip to Lamai Tesco Lotus
- Trip to the beach.
- In-coming and room-to-room telephone calls.
- English Speaking Staff
- Swimming Pool
- Kitchenette in each room
- Rooms serviced every day with once weekly changes of linen.
- Small fridges in rooms.
- Included @ BBVC
- Closing ceremony special dinner
- BBVC provides breakfast, lunch and dinner on weekdays.
- A weekly Saturday trip into the town centre, leaving in the morning and returning late afternoon/early evening.
- A Thai cooking class complete with recipe
- Transportation arranged by BBVC: to and from BBVC
Koh Samui Special (Package – not included)
- Weekend Meals and transportation
- Laundry – this can be provided by the school for a reasonable fee.
School facilities for CELTA trainees
- Free use of the computers and the resource room from 9-6 7 days a week for preparation of lessons.
- Wireless network throughout the school.
- On site school shop for snacks and stationery you may need.
- Fully equipped modern classrooms.
- Huge school sports hall.
- Football pitches and basketball courts.
- Acres of lovely grounds to relax and stroll around in.